Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WHAT IBRAHIM KHAN SAYS

After conducting the interview with Willy, I was finally able to reach my friend 


Ibrahim Khan who had attempted to teach me about how he dreamt lucidly over the


 summer. 


Photo of Ibrahim Khan, age 18, taken in München, Deutschland



Katrina: I remember you telling me before about how excited you were during your first legitimate lucid dream, but I do not recall what it was about. Do you remember 
your first lucid dream?


Ibrahim: I remember I was in an urban environment, and then I just started flying. I 


wasn't really in control the first time, or at least not in as much control as I had 


hoped, but I learned that it was a freakishly real feeling. 






Katrina: Oh right, that is awesome. How did it end? Were you able to accomplish anything else?


Ibrahim: It wasn't really an expected or planned ending because it ended right as I 


hit the snooze button, so it kind of got cut short. 






Katrina: After you actually had a lucid dream, did it affect your daily life at all?


Ibrahim: I thought about it way too much actually. I would always be looking at my 


palms because the internet said in your dreams when you look at them there would 


always be something wrong with them. I kind of wanted all of my buddies to know 


about it too, so I got as many of them to try it as possible so they could experience 


the same things that I had. 






Katrina: Do you still practice lucid dreaming now?


Ibrahim: (laughs) No, not anymore. 






Katrina: Awww, why not? What made you stop?


Ibrahim: I guess because I just forgot about it...or in other words I stopped because 


of weed. Weed really really really makes dreaming hard to control. 






Katrina: I guess that is a legitimate reason then. Well, last question, did you ever at 


any point feel attached to lucid dreaming or like it made you a different person?


Ibrahim: I guess I got attached to it, because we sleep for 8 hours or more a day and 


that time is just wasted to me I feel like. I thought if I could make sue and have fun 


while sleeping, then that would be total "badassery" during sleep. Having control on 


what you think reality is is a pretty damn good feeling. 


Sources Used:

"Afterthoughts." E-mail interview. 4 Nov. 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment